Providing Individual and Family Therapy
Helping You Get Through Tough Times
At Desoto Family Counseling Center, PLLC in Southaven, MS, we offer a wide variety of services for a diverse population. From occupational therapy to medication management, count on us to provide you with quality counseling services meant to help you get through tough times. We provide counseling for children, adolescents, teens, and adults in the following areas:
• Abuse Survivors (Adult and Children)
• Anger Management
• Attention Deficit Disorders
• Children’s Issues
• Foster/Adoptive Children
• Grief Issues
• Marriage / Relationship Difficulties
• Medication Management
• Parenting Issues
• Sexual Abuse Victims
• Stress Management
Mental Health Services We Offer:
- AutPlay Therapy – A Play Therapy based approach for treating Autism, Dysregulation issues, and other Neurodevelopmental Disorders.
- EMDR – EMDR is an accelerated form of informational processing that deals with the original picture, sounds, feelings, sensations, and thoughts associated with a traumatic event.
- Play Therapy/Filial – Play Therapy allows children to express their feelings and experiences in a safe environment. Play enables children to overcome their defenses and deal with emotional experiences through symbolism. Once children have expressed their experiences symbolically, there is no longer a need for them to express themselves through inappropriate behaviors
Medication serves an important role in mental healthcare. Often times, combining medication along with therapy makes for the best mental health plan. However, taking medication to help with your mental health issues is a personal choice. Our medication management providers only prescribe medications that are absolutely necessary by a patient’s situation. To help further make a decision on whether or not to take medication, please consider these pros and cons:
- An effective part of the holistic approach
- Can speed recovery
- Improves symptoms so that a patient can focus on therapy
- Improves quality of life
- Genetic testing to determine any issues of biology
- May come with side effects
- Needs the management of a mental health professional to avoid dangers
- Finding dosage balance can take time
- Can come with stigma
Physical Health Services:
- Occupational Therapy – Occupational Therapists provide services to individuals who have physical, developmental, emotional, and/or social deficits. Because of these conditions, individuals need specialized assistance in learning functional skills which enable them to live independent, productive, and satisfying lives.
- Speech Therapy – Our Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) specializes in the evaluation and treatment of communication disorders and swallowing disorders. Speech services begin with initial screening for communication and swallowing disorders and continue with assessment and diagnosis, consultation for advice regarding management, intervention and treatment, and providing counseling and other follow up services for these disorders.
- Physical Therapy – Physical Therapy uses physical examinations to diagnose the source of the child’s movement difficulties. The therapist interviews children and their families to guide and individualize a treatment regimen. The goal is to improve children’s motor development, strength, range of motion, endurance, balance, coordination, gait difficulties, heart and lung endurance, and delayed motor development.
Discuss Your Concerns With Us
At DFCC, we understand your time is valuable. To help speed up the process, please have all paperwork) click here completed before your appointment time, signatures must be signed by the child’s parent or legal guardian. For Physical Health therapies, please complete this paper work click here. For your queries about our counseling services, you may reach us using the contact details provided or by filling out our online form.